Friday 26 February 2010

Flickr

I set up my Flickr account last week and have uploaded a couple of photos already. I have just come back from a week in Sierra Leone, where I have been helping a Developmental Charity called CODEP (www.codep.co.uk).

They aim to support-
- the construction of learning and literacy resources centres
- the establishment of school libraries and classrooms stocked with books and furniture
- functional literacy programmes
- teacher training programmes
- vocational training programmes
- un-schooled children and young adult literacy programmes

Last Friday, I attended the Ground Breaking Ceremony for the Equiano Centre, the new Learning Resource Centre which is being built in the Waterloo District. I will upload a selection of my photos onto the Flickr pages so all those interested can see how school and public libraries are organised in Sierra Leone. When I've uploaded some more photos I will use the 'Geotag' function to indicate where they were taken.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds fascinating Amy. I'll look forward to seeing the photos on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete