Tuesday 16 February 2010

RSS Feeds and Google Reader

A couple of weeks ago I set up my Google reader account and am now following lots of blogs and RSS feeds... in fact perhaps too many! When I signed into my account today I was amazed by the number of new posts to look through. It's almost too easy to have lots of Subscriptions so I decided to star my favourite ones and make those a priority to look at!

One of the feeds that did catch my eye was from CILIP, who have called on Gordon Brown to make school libraries statutory. The open letter was sent by the President of CILIP (www.cilip.org.uk/letter-pm) and stated

"Good school libraries and their librarians are an integral part of the teaching and learning process. Just as it is a statutory duty to employ qualified teachers and deliver the National Curriculum, so it should be a statutory duty to provide school libraries with qualified librarians as an essential part of every child’s entitlement to a decent education”.

No comments:

Post a Comment