Tuesday 2 March 2010

Social Bookmarking

What a sheltered life I’ve led! Whilst I was familiar with Delicious, I had no idea there were so many social bookmarking sites. One of the advantages and disadvantages of the Internet is the wealth of information it offers and the difficulty of re-finding that really useful page when you want to look at it a second time. I like to organise things into folders especially when I have lots of projects on the go at the same time so was really interested to explore bookmarking and tagging.

I certainly pinned high-hopes on Delicious after reading
‘With emphasis on the power of the community, Delicious greatly improves how people discover, remember and share on the Internet.’
I’m not sure whether it has ‘greatly improved’ how I use the Internet but I know with some more practise Delicious will be a useful tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment